Tuesday, September 13, 2016

About me









My family: Molly, Chris, Me and Emily
Welcome to Crayons, Glue and Tying Shoes. My name is Kelli and I dream of being a kindergarten teacher.  I can remember growing up always wanting to be a teacher just like Mrs. Strawn, my kindergarten teacher.  Whenever me and my sister played school, I always had to be the teacher. I would make up my own worksheets or I would get extra worksheets from my teachers. We had a giant chalkboard in our playroom and I would set up desks for all my students (my little sister and all our stuffed animals). I even decorated a bulletin board and put up student work on it. 



Me, in kindergarten in 1974.
Times have changed since then.


I loved kindergarten growing up and remember being fascinated with everything we were learning. Although kindergarten isn't like it was in 1974,  my dream job would be in a kindergarten classroom. I love to see them learn to read and be excited about school.  I love the hugs I receive, the crayons, glue and I even love tying shoes.

Thanks for stopping by. If you need to contact me, you can email me at kcarlso2@g.emporia.edu or leave a comment below.








No comments:

Post a Comment